Friday 20 April 2018

JAI 405 inspiration challenge - 85 birthdays



It's inspiration challenge week at Just Add Ink and the lovely Kelly has given us this dramatic & cosy bedroom image to work with.

I have to say I'd wouldn't really want it to be mine, that is unless I was on hols in Canada perhaps, but each to their own look. However, I did make a card and this is how it turned out.


The image was a bit of a challenge this week, especially as I'd seen the awesome cards the team had already created. However, once I decided to make a card for a lovely gentleman who's celebrating his 85th birthday, it came together quite quickly.

As you can probably see, I was inspired by the stacked timber wall behind the bed, and also took a bit of gold from the light & the blues from the carpet & bedhead.

To make the timber background, I punched lots of classic label punch shapes from the Wood Textures paper pack & adhered them to a piece of card covered with an adhesive sheet (so I didn't have to mess around with glue).




A big birthday calls for big numbers so I cut the 85 out of the timber look panel using my Large Numbers dies, popped the panel up on dimensionals, and backed the numbers with gold foil. The sentiment came from the coordinating Number of Years stamp set.

I'm shocked & disappointed that the Number of Years stamps & Large Numbers dies are being retired ( you too?). These are a total staple in my collection as they're perfect for all sorts of number projects. If you don't have them, please order now, as they're only available while stocks last, or until 31 May if they last that long.
 

In happier news, the sentiments I used inside the card are from the Perennial Birthday stamp set, which is happily carrying over from the Occasions Catalogue to the new Annual Catalogue, coming in June.

So that's my take on the inspiration photo. I hope it inspired you in some way too. Now head t
o the Just Add Ink blog to check out all the cool cards the team have been inspired to create. We'd love you to play along with us too.

Inky wishes & happy stamping.
Di

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&categoryid=300500

 Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store.
You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia.
I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs as your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.

Important: Number of Years & Large Numbers sets are retiring & are only avalable while stocks last.
Print Recipe

Big Shot
$159.00

2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Fabulous, Di! I love how you stacked all those punched shapes, and added a few to the inside of the card. Great card, my friend. x

Marlena M. said...

Fantastic inside and out! Love the rustic colors~