Friday 3 November 2017

JAI 384 inspiration challenge - Blended Blooms



This week's new challenge at Just Add Ink is a inspiration challenge, based on this bold image featuring a fabulously bold flower. How amazing is nature?


Inspiration challenges generally seem to be the most challenging for me so I kept my card simple this week, taking my cue from the image colours & pretty flowers to make a fresh, springy birthday card.


I used my new Stampin' Blends markers to colour the stamped floral pattern I created with the gorgeous flower & sentiment from the Birthday Blooms stamp set.  I find myself reaching for my Blends at every chance - a girl's got to practice her colouring you know. 😃
The brilliant news is that you can get your own Stampin' Blends now too!

Speaking of colouring, the Blends colours I used are:
Petals: Daffodil Delight light & dark (combo), Calypso Coral light, Bronze
Centre: Bronze
Leaves: Old Olive light & dark (combo)
Background: Pool Party light & dark (combo)

To add some a little sparkle (or a lot), I Wink of Stella'd the all the petals & added some Iridescent Sequins. As always, Wink is tricky to photograph but you may see it better in this pic.


On the inside, I used my favourite sentiment from the Colorful Seasons set & more pretty blooms.


 So that's my take on the challenge image - what do you think? Head over to the JAI blog to see how the team were inspired by the image. Hope you'll play along with the challenge too. Here's a final image of my card before you go, to pin for later inspiration.


Thanks for visiting today. I have so many projects to share with you, and not much time to write, but I'll definitely be back soon with more. If you'd like to know more about Stampin' Blends or order the supplies to make this card, read on below.

Inky wishes, Di

More about Stampin' Blends markers

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&categoryid=302004

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-vLPiDO8NjOSlZqNEJTbHV5ZEE


Project Supplies 


To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Note: Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.
Product bundles noted are discounted by 10% off individual purchase prices for a limited time. Items can be purchased separately after bundle offers end.

Stampin' Blends markers available to order as single markers, or 2 pack colour combo packs, or you can order them all. Combo & Full collection linked below.  See all Blends products here


3 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Di! The flowers are so beautiful, but I really love the blue background - it adds a lovely softness to your card.

Jan said...

This is so pretty Di! Your sea of blooms is beautiful as is your colouring and I love how the pretty blue background really makes the colours pop too! xx

Lou said...

Absolutely gorgeous inside and out Di. Superb colouring.