Wednesday 13 September 2017

1st birthday quilted sweetness



Today's card is for a very special little bundle of sweetness who celebrated her first birthday last month. A very special card was in order to celebrate this milestone, especially since her lovely Mum is my stamping bestie too. The card coordinates with her gift which I'll share next time, as this post needs a ton of pics. Speaking of pics...


The sweet little birthday girl's name means star, so the star quilt block dies from our brand new Christmas Quilt stamp & die bundle (2017 Holiday Catalogue) could not have been more perfect. The little bear from A Little Wild added some essential cuteness, and Happy Birthday, Gorgeous gave that lovely birthday sentiment again.

The tri-fold card opens up to reveal that the front panel is actually a window that frames another quilt panel inside the card. And did I mention the the bear... oh the cute :)


The star quilt pattern die cuts a window in the front leaving the quilt block outline. I layered another quilt panel on top in pink pirouette card, cut with the coordinating square die in the set. This combination of two dies makes them so much more useful & easy to use. There's a 3rd die that gives a stitched look too, but you'll see that another time. See all the dies in the supply list below.

The inside right of the tri-fold has the pieced quilt you can see when the card is closed. And how cute is the back of the little bear, peeking out the window. :)


I pieced the quilt in pool party, pink pirouette & white) onto white card, then embossed the card with the Quilt Top embossing folder (inlaid embossing technique). This folder is another gem that will be useful all year round & is especially good for inlaid embossing, as it's such a deep, detailed pattern.

Fully open, you can see the inside panels. I couldn't resist a glittery happy birthday in the centre & added a pink pirouette panel & quilt outline on the right (love me some symmetry). The swirly sentiment is from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set.


 And just for completeness, here's how it looks open from the back.

 

 But what about the bear? I think she needs more attention. She's just so adorable. 💗


I stamped her onto shimmery white card with basic gray archival ink, then coloured her with watercolour pencils and clear Wink of Stella. I could have used a blender pen, but Wink of Stella works too & made her even more glimmery. I did the same on the back.


Did I mention the coordinating dies cut them out too? They're designed as a two sided tag, but it's easy to snip them apart. See the supply list below for more info & to see the other adorable animals in the set too.

Both the Christmas Quilt and A Little Wild bundles are absolute must-haves in my book, for all year round crafting, so check them out below to shop from my store.

I hope you enjoyed seeing today's card as much as I enjoyed making it. Pin the collage pic below for later inspiration too. I'll be back next time with the gift I made using Christmas quilt too.
Until next time. :)

Inky wishes, Di

PS: Edited: You can now find the coordinating framed gift in this post


PS: The Quilted Christmas suite of products is available from the 2017 Holiday Catalogue now. I have all fingers crossed that this fabulous suite will carry over, BUT we have no idea yet. So if you love it, get it now. See pages 4-5 of the Holiday Catalogue to see it in my store.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&categoryid=300200

Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Note: Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.
Product bundles noted are discounted by 10% off individual purchase prices for a limited time. Items can be purchased separately after bundle offers end.




Big Shot
$159.00

3 comments:

Lynda said...

I am oooooh-ing and ahhhhhhh-ing on so many levels with this card Di.....to say I love it is a gross understatement oxox

Laura said...

Beautiful color combination and a great way to use that die multiple ways.

CherylQuilts said...

Di, this is absolutely darling, and I love how you've made the folds! Beautifully done and pinned! Just had to stop by and say thank you for sharing this!! Hugs!