Wednesday 5 July 2017

Eastern Palace in review 1 - gold elegance


This is the first in a series of posts all about the Eastern Palace suite. The Eastern Beauty stamps & Eastern Medallion die bundle in the suite are very cleverly designed to work brilliantly both together and separately, and also combine with other punches & dies for endless possibilities.

I featured Eastern Palace & the new 2017-19 In-Colours in my May sneak peek class. This was the first card we made.


Fresh fig (one of our new In-colours), gold foil & vanilla make a very elegant combination don't you think? I've used a birthday sentiment from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous on this one, but this design would work well for many occasions. One of my class lovelies made it into a wedding card.

The shaped window is cut with the large circle medallion & a medium circle medallion dies plus  a scallop circle die from the Layering Circles set. The circles mix and match & can be cut together for a super quick intricate look. I popped the vanilla layer up on a gold foil card layer for lots more shine... not really apparent in the pic.


The gold floral medallion in the centre is made with one of the Eastern Gold vinyl stickers from the suite. The stickers are clear with a gold foil look, and some coordinate & can be cut with the dies. For this one I stuck the sticker on gold cardstock, then cut it out with the 2 coordinating dies.

I kept the inside simple, just adding more sentiments & a gold border sticker.


So that's card of my Eastern Palace review. I hope you liked it. Lots more to come tomorrow so pop in again tomorrow. Thanks for visiting.

Inky wishes, Di

If you haven't checked out the Eastern Palace suite yet, check out the discounted bundle in the full card supply list below. See the whole Eastern Palace suite here in my store , or on pages 18-19 of the 2017-18 Annual Catalogue.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625

Card Supplies  
Print Recipe
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.


Big Shot
$159.00

2 comments:

Sunny Strawbaler said...

That is really pretty Di! The scallop circle looks so nice with this. Sherylee.

jmoesser said...

Thank you for describing how you did it and for the recipe! It seems like no one does that! I love this card.