Friday 5 February 2016

JAI 297 colour challenge - botanical blooms birthday

I hope you all enjoy a colour challenge as Nikki has suggested an awesome combination of pool party, blushing bride & pear pizzazz for this week's Just Add Ink challenge.
These colours say modern floral card to me so my new Botanical Blooms stamp & die bundle was perfect. This is my card.
The card base is thick white card with an overlay of printed Botanical Gardens vellum (a Sale-a-bration freebie - yay) attached at the top. I added pool party card cut twice with the vine die - love the curvy positive & negative leaf image - & a blushing bride strip underneath on the white base.
The vellum at the top isn't showing well in the pic but is more obvious irl. This pic better shows the vellum layer.
& this one hopefully shows the 2 layers.
It also shows the gorgeous sentiment from the equally gorgeous Birthday Blooms set, which I've heat embossed in pool party embossing powder. This colour is retired but you could create the same look by inking up your stamp in versamark, then pool party ink before stamping & clear embossing.

All this talk of vellum has gotten me distracted from the main act - the two flowers, cut with 3 dies from three Botanical Blooms dies - the large flower, large stamen & small stamen.  I lightly sponged, markered & curled the large petals with my bone folder, then added stamens & a sequin & pearl for the centre.
These flowers are so fun to make so I'm sure you'll see more in a rainbow of colours. Here's one more pic showing the card & flower for you to pin.

So, how do you think I did with the colour challenge?
The design team have shared lots of fab ideas to inspire you to try these colours & we'd love you to play along with challenge too. See them & join in here on the Just Add Ink blog.

More about Botanical Blooms
Botanical Blooms is part of the Botanical Gardens suite of goodies in the 2016 Occasions Catalogue & Sale-a-bration catalogues. The Botanical Blooms bundle includes a stamp set, coordinating dies AND Botanical Blooms DSP. These items are also available separately but you'll get 15% off all three items when you buy the bundle - score! The suite also includes darling flower embellishments, washi & matching card pack.  You can see all the projects & lots of samples on pages 26-27 of the Occasions Catalogue & in my online store.

This suite is so useful for lots of occasions, projects & people so you'll definitely want to include it on your wish list. Order the bundle & 1 accessory & you'll can choose a free Sale-a-bration item too - there are 2 coordinating SAB items (The Botanical Gardens vellum I used & fab Botanicals For You stamp set). Matchy matchy to the max!
More - watch this video with Stampin' Up!'s fab Shannon West.
You can see & order the supplies I used make my card & anything from the Botanical Blooms Suite from my online store.

Thanks for visiting today. I hope you liked my take on the challenge. Remember to pin my card for later inspiration & leave a comment as I love hearing from you.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used, then alternative separate options at the bottom.. Please check the online store if your preference is different.


6 comments:

Marilyn Meadows said...

So awesomme Di love the colours so soft Marilyn

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this card and how you've used these new dies - they are my new favourites!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Di I really love the softness that the vellum adds to your card, perfect for this subtle colour combo :)

Jan said...

So pretty Di! I am finally won over towards these flowers and dies - these soft colours with the 3D stamens are gorgeous! And I love the effect of the leaves and vellum too. Xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Oh l love this Di! Such a clever use of the border die and the design and colour balance is just beautiful. xx

KimB said...

Di this is just plain gorgeous (but not at all plain!!). I love the way you used the border die - fabulous and so clever. The vellum overlay adds so much subtle detail too. xxx