Thursday 21 May 2015

Christmas curvy keepsake boxes

Let's say that today I'm getting in early for Christmas, rather than being late from last year ;-). Either way, I hope you enjoy seeing some Christmassy curvy keepsake characters. These are all based on cute boxes I've seen & pinned on Pinterest.
Rudolf the Reindeer
Rudolf is Santas favourite reindeer pal. He's based on this cute one by Darla. I added a fun tag from the Merry Everything stamp set & co-ordinating punch. You can see what I did on my handy dandy cheat sheet.

and here's the combined image for you to pin or save.
Santa's tummy & hat tag

I saw a bajillion of these last year so I have no idea who thought of the idea in the first place, but the choice of pieces is based on what I thought looked right. The fab Santa hat was a brilliant idea from my fellow JAI team member & truly lovely lady, Nikki. Here's a closer pic of the tag.
The hat is made with the pennant punch - sadly another retiring punch so get it now if you love making pennants... or Santa hats & it's 50% off too! To make it you'll need to punch 1 regular pennant in red & 1 scallop pennant in white. You place the white piece back into the punch - upside down so you can line up & cut the second scallop. The bobble top is  a half inch circle.
You can see a couple of options for making Santa's belly in my cheat sheet below. Note - the petite curly label punch is also retiring so if you like the cool, curvy shape, add that one to your list too.
Here's the combines cheat sheet to pin or save.
 Christmas robin redbreast birdie
This little birdie may be unfamiliar to my Australian peeps but when I saw Zoe's cute robin redbreast birdie box it made me smile & brought back memories of my Scottish childhood....& he's just so cute :-)
I added another stamped tag using Merry Everything to make him even cuter too. I wasn't sure what dimensions Zoe used, but here's the cheat sheet showing the pieces & positioning.
And here's the combined pic for you to pin or save.
See all my curvy keepsake boxes together here

I think that's all the curvy keepsake characters I have to share for now, but if you'd like to see more, you can check out my Curvy Keepsake die board on Pinterest, where I've pinned my fave ideas.
Thanks for visiting & I hope you've enjoyed seeing these fun projects as much as I enjoyed making them. Stop by again soon for more ideas. Leave a comment if you have any questions or just to say hi.
Inky wishes, Di

PS: Remember that many of the punches I've used are retiring very soon - the blossom, modern label, small oval, petite curly label & pennant punches - so if you love punch art, then order them as soon as possible.


Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.

1 comment:

Zoe Tant said...

Hi Diane I'm so pleased you liked my robin. Did you know I made a video for making it also?

Nice to find you and will be visiting again. Zx