Friday 20 March 2015

JAI 255 Just add eggs-ovals: Mr Bunny's Easter eggs

It's time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink & this week is Just Add Eggs or Ovals. Heaps of options! I decided some Easter cuteness would be fun so I started with a bunny, then thought about eggs & finally this is what I came up with - a bunny & Easter eggs pop up card made with ovals!
Cute Mr Bunny was perfect for the challenge as he's mainly made with oval framelit dies & oval punches. He was designed by SU's Carrie Cudney & shared on the SU Corporate blog & I pinned it ages ago for future cuteness needs. He looks like he doesn't know where to start with all the eggs around his Easter wonderland. I'd be like that if they were chocolate too).
I backed the four large DSP eggs (Best Year Ever paper - free during Sale-a-bration - as is the ribbon) with card to make them stronger & attached the three largest eggs (two largest oval dies) to the card base back. I sponged all the egg & bunny pieces too. I made a pop-up support for the smaller egg (4th largest oval die). I also made a longer pop-up support for Mr Bunny. You can see the structure here & how to make him below.
Making Mr Bunny
 
Mr Bunny is made with the these dies & punches.

Body: 1 x 3rd largest oval die
Arms: 2 x smallest oval die - cut approx in half with a curved edge
Legs: 1 x smallest oval die - cut in half
Ears: 2 x smallest oval die
Ear inside: 2 x large oval punch (blushing bride)
Eyes: owl punch - 2 x medium eyes (white) & 2 x small eyes (early espresso)
Nose: cupcake punch - 1 x cherry (blushing bride)

The finished card definitely made me smile & even my teen daughter said it was really cute. Hope you like it too & leave a comment if you do...or if you have any questions. Remember to check out all the DT's fab creations & try the challenge yourself. Until next time...
Inky wishes,
Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

5 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Love this Easter project Di, your punch art Bunny is so darn cute and the pop up design is very clever! xxx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow! Di, I just love your pop-up, bunny and egg punch art. Too cute!

KimB said...

Di you totally aced the cute and clever factor with this. I had to laugh when you said he looks like he doesn't know where to start - you're right he does! xxx

Jan said...

So totally cute Di! Love your bunny and punch art and the pop up - ability is so clever too!

Sunny Strawbaler said...

It's just gorgeous Di - someone will be very happy to receive this. Sherylee.