Wednesday 8 October 2014

Tutorial time - Christmas tree gift card holder

Today I'm sharing a fun gift card holder with a Christmas tree theme & file folder edge, plus a tutorial so you can make them too. This was a project from my Christmas packaging & gift class last November, but somehow didn't make my blog. In any case, I've just reviewed & revamped the instructions, so hope you find it useful since we seem to be racing towards Christmas.
I love these funky little Christmas trees. They're made with punched pennants (or you could use our new Christmas tree punch) & are a quick & easy way to create a cute Christmassy look with scraps. The star punch I used is now retired but is easily substituted with the current star punch in the Itty Bitty Accents pack.
I added a file folder edge & rounded corners with my Envelope Punch Board - is there nothing that board can't do. Open the front & this is what you see - another little tree.
Flip the right panel to see a message panel (more trees - can't resist them) & gift card pocket.
Want to see the other side too?

Gift Card Holder Tutorial
Follow the links below to view, download & print the pdf tutorial-instructions.
Measurements are provid
ed in centimetres & inches to match the regular sized cardstock available, so cm measurements are based on A4 cardstock. Inch measurements are based on standard 8-1/2 x 11 inch US cardstock.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-vLPiDO8NjOOGVHMmlBcC1RVlE/view?usp=sharing


Notes about downloading the document:
* The tutorial is a small pic to show what the instructions look like. Follow the link to download the pdf document.
* My docs are hosted on Google Drive. Just click on the link to view the pdf doc, then click on the 'download' icon to save the pdf to your computer-device. Please don't select share, as google just sends me an e-mail request & doesn't help you access the tutorial.

Step back in time -
Original gift card folder

Today's gift card holder was actually adapted from one I made back in 2010, which was in turn based on this gift card holder shared by Heather Summers. Good ideas grow!
Anyway, I was trying to link back to my original folder, but I apparently didn't blog it either... so I'm sharing my original instructions from 2010 here too. It's still a really useful design even thought the stamps, papers etc are well retired.
Note: These instructions are only listed in cm's. If you need inches, use the measurements from the Christmas tree version above, as they're the same.
 
  
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-vLPiDO8NjOaTlRLWFxNk1EaUU/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for visiting & I hope you enjoy trying both tutorials. If you blog your creations, please link back to this post so others can enjoy them too. Leave me a comment if you've any questions or would just like to say hi. I'll be back soon with another project.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies - Christmas Tree Gift Card Holder 
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.



3 comments:

Suzie said...

Thanks so much, Diane, for the great idea and the downloadable instructions. I pinned your video tutorial to my Pinterest Board entitled Card Making Tips as well. Thanks so much for sharing! Greetings from Minnesota, USA

Sharnee Torrents said...

Hello hello dear Di!
WOW oh WOW clever lady these are super awesome!! Love what you've done with the new latest gift card holder! That tree looks super fab!! Hope you are wonderful and enjoying the crafty season!!
Smiles SHarnee :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the directions. They are so professional and easy to understand.