Sunday 15 September 2013

Smile, it's your birthday

Ah the best laid blogging plans... Anyway, I'm back to share a fun card based on a fab idea by the equally fab US Demo, Deena Boos. Deena made the cutest camera card, which I immediately pinned to try. Now I pin a lot, but I'm so glad this one actually made it to paper & made me smile too.
I took the colours from the fun DSP (i am me). Deena provided instructions for the camera using Chalk Talk & Circles framelits dies & a circle punch. I used circle punches (no circle framelits...yet!) & the retired jewellery punch for the white rectangle. I added a circle birthday sentiment (A Fitted Occasion) around the lens & I thought the smile sentiment (Happy Day) worked perfectly too. Here's a closer pic of the camera. You can see the lens & camera base are both popped with dimensionals.
I hope this card makes you smile too. Thanks to Deena for sharing such a great idea. I think I'll be using this one again. If you're still reading, thanks for visiting & hope to see you here again.
Until next time, inky wishes
Di

Supplies
Stamps: Happy Day, A Fitting Occasion
Card/Paper: pool party, so saffron, real red, basic gray, whisper white card, i am me DSP, silver glimmer paper
Ink: basic gray ink pad

Accessories: basic rhinestone, 
Tools: Big Shot, Chalk Talk framelits, circle punches - 1 1/2in, 1 3/8in, 1 in, jewellery punch (retired), corner rounder, Essentials piercing template, piercing tool, piercing mat

4 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is awesome!!!

Sherylee said...

Great card Di - I love punch art, and this camera looks fun!

Paula Dobson said...

That is one cool card Di! I love it. I like Deena's work, but may I say I like your card better? Sorry Deena!

Deena Boos said...

Beautiful card Di! I have to agree with Paula, yours is better!