Wednesday 31 July 2013

Cara's pop-up 12th birthday

I'm still in catch-up mode here, but happy to be sharing. This time it's Cara's 12th birthday card & celebrations. I know - how can she be such a big girl already (taller than me), when I'm clearly not ageing (I wish). Anyway, enough silliness for now. Before I share the card, here's the birthday girl on her special day in May.
Now, back to the card. Here's the card front - pretty simple, lots of colour & some bling.
But when you open it up... Pop! Lots of pressies.
I used my newest Big Shot addition - the Pop 'n' Cuts die (which cuts the cool tabbed base) & dress up insert (to make the pop up inside that supports the largest pressie). All the other pressies are placed around or on top. This was my first ever pop-up card, so I was really happy how it came together. I normally wouldn't combine this many patterns, but I figure SU put them together so they'll work! Here they are again up close.
To keep the pressie embellishments flat for folding, I used a little flower & a punched circle of glimmer paper, rather than my fave rhinestones.

The Birthday
Back to Miss C's birthday, here's a better pic of her chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. I couldn't resist adding a simple banner.
Cara asked to have a birthday movie night to watch Pitch Perfect with friends, so that's what we did. I  made a simple birthday invitation in our new My Digital Studio (MDS) software.
On party night, we gave VIP bags for each guest. I bought the bags & added name labels. The labels are a single layer made in MDS, printed out on glossy paper & cut out a Labels framelit.
We had a candy bar for movie snacks too. Yum! Unfortunately, there wasn't much left over for Mum & Dad ;-)
Well, that's all for me for now. Thanks for visiting & hope to see you soon. If you'd like any more information, just ask.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Cara's Pop Up Birthday Card
Stamps: Create a Cupcake

Card: pool party, island indigo, whisper white, tangerine tango & rich razzleberry card, Sycamore Street DSP (SAB- retired), silver glimmer paper, Patterns DSP (in-colours 12-14)
Ink: island indigo in pad
Accessories: island indigo satin ribbon (SAB retired)

Tools: Big Shot, Pop 'n' Cuts base, Dress Up Pop 'n' Cuts insert, Typeset Bigz die (numbers), Itty Bitty punch pack, Boho Blossoms punch

Cake Topper
Stamps: retired alphabet, Curly Cute
Card: Island indigo card, Tangerine Tango & Pool Party Patterns DSP

Ink: island indigo
Tools: Pennant punch

2 comments:

Karen B said...

Diane! This is an incredible card. I absolutely want to copy this. Happy belated birthday to Cara. Looks like she had a blast!

Shirley Falck said...

I love this card. You did an excellent job for your first time using the Pop N Cuts die.